reflux cooling system

  • roguerider01
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 11, 2012
      hi all im new to this and im having troubles,

      i have a 50 ltr keg with a 2inch reflux system on it
      im having troubles keeping my condencer cool any suggestions
      the other thing is that im getting a really slow rate drip thats cloudy.
      my heat rate is at 78 to 83 degrees can up go any higher in temp, and is there any idea on how i can update my flow rate if possible ?
      is there any idea out there that can help me out plz thanks
    • w_upnorth
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 12, 2012
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "roguerider01" <roguerider01@...> wrote:

        > hi all im new to this and im having troubles,
        >
        > i have a 50 ltr keg with a 2inch reflux system on it
        > im having troubles keeping my condencer cool any suggestions
        > the other thing is that im getting a really slow rate drip thats cloudy.
        > my heat rate is at 78 to 83 degrees can up go any higher in temp, and is there any idea on how i can update my flow rate if possible ?
        > is there any idea out there that can help me out plz thanks

        What are you useing for a condencer? How do you regulate your reflux and draw off? what is the flow rate for the condencer?
      • roguerider01
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 13, 2012
          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "w_upnorth" <w_upnorth@...> wrote:

          > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "roguerider01" <roguerider01@> wrote:
          > >
          > > hi all im new to this and im having troubles,
          > >
          > > i have a 50 ltr keg with a 2inch reflux system on it
          > > im having troubles keeping my condencer cool any suggestions
          > > the other thing is that im getting a really slow rate drip thats cloudy.
          > > my heat rate is at 78 to 83 degrees can up go any higher in temp, and is there any idea on how i can update my flow rate if possible ?
          > > is there any idea out there that can help me out plz thanks
          > >

          > What are you useing for a condencer? How do you regulate your reflux and draw off? what is the flow rate for the condencer?

          what im using is a 800 ltr a min little pump in 1 bucket. the water condencer is a copper round worm in bucket 2 that flows back to the first bucket the second bucket has ice in it and its costing me a fortune in ice is there any other way. my relfux comes with its own inbuilt 2 condencers i just hook up the hose to it
        • roguerider01
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 13, 2012
            --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "w_upnorth" <w_upnorth@...> wrote:

            > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "roguerider01" <roguerider01@> wrote:
            > >
            > > hi all im new to this and im having troubles,
            > >
            > > i have a 50 ltr keg with a 2inch reflux system on it
            > > im having troubles keeping my condencer cool any suggestions
            > > the other thing is that im getting a really slow rate drip thats cloudy.
            > > my heat rate is at 78 to 83 degrees can up go any higher in temp, and is there any idea on how i can update my flow rate if possible ?
            > > is there any idea out there that can help me out plz thanks
            > >

            > What are you useing for a condencer? How do you regulate your reflux and draw off? what is the flow rate for the condencer?

            i have 2 built in condencers. i have an 800 ltr an hour pump in 1 bucket and in the second bucket i have a copper coil with ice in it pumping back into the first bucket. is there a cheaper way to do this ?