Re: [new_distillers] Re: best still / column type

  • M L
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 10 10:04 PM
      Hey I was reading some old e-mails about JEM and MUM washes. I was wondering if you would use Miracle Grow ,Vitamins, Tomato paste and such when making a wash using corn syrup.I tried an energy drink wash once and it stalled out (stopped fermenting) I re-ptched yeast and it would not re-start, I didn't use Red Bull or Rock Star as instructed, had to go with a more economical (cheap) brand.Any ways, seems like corn syrup would need some help with something to make the yeast happy. Your thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks ML

      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 13 12:30 AM
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "randycooley1229" <randycooley1229@...> wrote:

        > I am new to the group and and have little knowledge of the appropriate column to make and or purchase. Had thought i was going to build a reflux from plans on moon-still.com but having read through posts here thougt i might ask for some help. I am now not sure what direction to go in. I am assuming i will want to utilize a VM style regardless having read through articles here. so my question
        >
        > Is there a column type that would be better than another since the majority of what i want to produce would be more along the lines of flavored spirits? Maybe on an occasion would utilize it to produce a clear to cut and flavor. Any suggestions and links to plans and or sites that may have reasonably priced columns that would be appropriate for my intended use would be very much appreciated. I already have a keg to use if that information is useful in making any suggestions. Thank you in advance for any assistance.

        check out mile hi distilling in america...
        http://www.milehidistilling.com/
        i brought mine from there and its going well for a first time go i got 3/4 full bottle of 75% clear corn whiskey
        > My apologies if i somehow missed this topic in previous posts.

      • RALPH JOHNSON
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 13 8:36 PM
          I favour "brewhaus" I have been using mine for reflux and pot use for more than 5years ,rock solid.just routine maintenance and a couple of spare cooling pumps.