Re: I would like a Recipe....

  • RonaldP
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 21, 2012
      Sorry people, I belong to a Brewers group and also to this group.
      I put this on the wrong site.
      RonaldP

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "RonaldP" <mrdoyleprice@...> wrote:

      > I would like a simple recipe for an all
      > Grain Brew thats 6 or 7% ABV. Some I
      > have tryed areto sweet or taste terrible.
      > I'm new to Brewing and have done a lot of
      > reading but have been around very little
      > practical experiance. All help is appreciated.

    • made_it_myself
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 22, 2012
        Thanks for that link, you are lucky to have such a good shop near you, my local HBS is 99p for 500g.
        I can get unmalted Barley from a local farm a lot cheaper, but my wife moans if I buy too much!
        I don't use Turbo yeast myself, but I don't think we should dismiss it, one of my workmates uses it a lot, he ferments it out and adds a bottle of Ribena! Thats it!
        My point about Bread yeast is that we have moved on, use it if you want, but modern yeasts clear better, form a more stable sediment and produce a better tasting product. Bread yeast needs to produce CO2 not Alcohol and has been selected for that property.

        Best wishes.
        Lawrence.