Re: HFCS fermentation

  • Ed Barcik
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9, 2012

      I’ve been using it for 3+ years without any issues, I usually start at about 1.130 and it ferments out very well, the only one I ever had stick went to 1.010 so not too bad.

      What kind of yeast are you using? What is your OG? I use turbo yeast in mine. Your batch is about the same as mine 100 liters but I’m using about 30 liters of HFCS.

      It’s the best and easiest way to distill that I’ve found, makes really clean vodka.

    • waljaco
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 10, 2012
        HFCS has had some of the dextrose converted to fructose to make it resemble sucrose (sugar) as it is intended for the soft drink market.
        Pure corn syrup would be dextrose and would give a better neutral alcohol.
        wal