Re: [new_distillers] Wood for Aging

  • Jerry McCullough
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9, 2012
      I have tried charred cherry in rum. Gives a nice flavor. The charred cherry turned the rum a deep black.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 9, 2012
        Daryl, I've heard you can use wood from fruit and nut trees. But it is better to use wood that has aged some . Like don't use wood from a tree that was alive when cut unless it has been allowed to dry awhile. ML