cornflake recipes

  • made_it_myself
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 5, 2012
      I am sure I saw a mash recipe using cornflakes on here.
      Providing I am not just having a senior moment, please can you point me in the right direction.
    • Mel
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 5, 2012
        I just Googled (cornflakes recipe mash) and got several hits.

        Mel

        On 05/07/2012 12:34 PM, made_it_myself wrote:
        > I am sure I saw a mash recipe using cornflakes on here.
        > Providing I am not just having a senior moment, please can you point me in the right direction.

        http://shiptraffic.ca/
      • made_it_myself
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 10, 2012
          Yes, I did that too, but I was looking for one that had been tried and tested here.
          At least I thought it was here...

          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Mel <wasagamel@...> wrote:

          > I just Googled (cornflakes recipe mash) and got several hits.
          >
          > Mel
          >
          > On 05/07/2012 12:34 PM, made_it_myself wrote:
          > > I am sure I saw a mash recipe using cornflakes on here.
          > > Providing I am not just having a senior moment, please can you point me in the right direction.

          > --
          > http://shiptraffic.ca/

        • Al Wells
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 11, 2012
            I too have been trying to find that recipe. I think it was on a
            website somewhere, and it was offered as the first thing you should
            try to get the initial excitement out of your system. I also remember
            that it has molasses in it. Does this jar anyone's memory?
          • made_it_myself
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 11, 2012
              The one I was looking for (probably) did not have molasses in it, I would have passed it over since I can't find a supplier for it. (Anyone in the UK know where I can get it? and no I don't mean the Health food shops at £3 a pound!)

              --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Al Wells <fossildiver@...> wrote:

              > I too have been trying to find that recipe. I think it was on a
              > website somewhere, and it was offered as the first thing you should
              > try to get the initial excitement out of your system. I also remember
              > that it has molasses in it. Does this jar anyone's memory?

            • Robbie Mabry
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 11, 2012
                This is the one I made and it turned out very good.
                www.distillique.co.za/documents/corn_flake_whiskey.html

                Robbie

                On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 1:38 PM, made_it_myself <doctorlawrencebrown@...> wrote:

                The one I was looking for (probably) did not have molasses in it, I would have passed it over since I can't find a supplier for it. (Anyone in the UK know where I can get it? and no I don't mean the Health food shops at £3 a pound!)

                --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Al Wells <fossildiver@...> wrote:

                > I too have been trying to find that recipe. I think it was on a
                > website somewhere, and it was offered as the first thing you should
                > try to get the initial excitement out of your system. I also remember
                > that it has molasses in it. Does this jar anyone's memory?

              • dave28622000
                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 11, 2012
                  I'm sure Ive seen some thing on a cornflake mash, but I'm thinking it was on Artisan distillers in the recipes section. . You could also check ondistillers@yahoogroups In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "made_it_myself" <doctorlawrencebrown@...> wrote:

                  > Yes, I did that too, but I was looking for one that had been tried and tested here.
                  > At least I thought it was here...
                  >

                  > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Mel <wasagamel@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I just Googled (cornflakes recipe mash) and got several hits.
                  > >
                  > > Mel
                  > >
                  > > On 05/07/2012 12:34 PM, made_it_myself wrote:
                  > > > I am sure I saw a mash recipe using cornflakes on here.
                  > > > Providing I am not just having a senior moment, please can you point me in the right direction.

                  > > --
                  > > http://shiptraffic.ca/

                • billcoyote
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 11, 2012

                    __,_An easy to make "corn whiskey"

                    Ingredients:

                      • 16 ltr water,
                      • 4kg white sugar
                      • 700g corn flakes
                      • 20g distillers yeast
                      • 1 lemon

                    Fermentating method:

                      • Bring 5 litres of water to boil
                      • Add sugar and stir to dissolve
                      • Squeeze lemon juice over sugar water
                      • "Liquidise" the corn flakes in a food blender until fine
                      • Add the corn flakes to the sugar water and stir
                      • Add 11 litres COLD water
                      • Sprinkle 20g distillers yeast on top of mash
                      • Wait 10-15 minutes
                      • Gently stir yeast into mash to disperse throughout mash
                      • Leave fermenting bucket open to air to ferment for first day
                      • Close lid of fermenting bucket (with CO2 escape) and ferment until SG is less than 1.000
                      • Rack to remove sediment
                      • Strain to remove any solids left.

                    Reflux distilling method:

                      • Bring to boil
                      • Adjust heat input to a SLOW boil (the slower the better)
                      • Adjust the reflux control valve to maintain a 75% alcohol level. (Using a distilling parrot helps a lot)
                      • Stop when the reflux output cannot be maintained at 75% alcohol anymore.

                    Enhancement and aging

                      • Bottle in glass bottles and add french oak chips (preferably which was previously used for port or sherry aging)
                      • Let stand for 2 months or until desired colour and taste has developed.
                      • Enjoy your corn flake "whiskey"!

                    ._,___

                  • thepatchworkdoll
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 12, 2012
                      Hi MIM
                      Try ebay there are a few places on that site that supply molasses.
                      Regards
                      Thepatchworkdoll

                      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "made_it_myself" <doctorlawrencebrown@...> wrote:

                      > The one I was looking for (probably) did not have molasses in it, I would have passed it over since I can't find a supplier for it. (Anyone in the UK know where I can get it? and no I don't mean the Health food shops at £3 a pound!)
                      >

                      > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Al Wells <fossildiver@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > I too have been trying to find that recipe. I think it was on a
                      > > website somewhere, and it was offered as the first thing you should
                      > > try to get the initial excitement out of your system. I also remember
                      > > that it has molasses in it. Does this jar anyone's memory?

                    • M L
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 12, 2012
                        Yuuup. I found you a recipe.go to www.artisan-distiller.org  ,click on the link that says " if you saw a show about moonshiners". Then click on Recipe # 2 Modern Moonshine recipe. It  also has the full procedure all spelled out for you. ML

                        Message 11 of 16 , Jul 12, 2012
                          Thanks guys, You really came through.
                          I really thought it was on here, but you have given me something to work on.

                          I have been on the artisan site, but previously only went to the forum
                          so now having seen that bit I will have to explore it more.

                          Message 12 of 16 , Jul 14, 2012
                            Yes, that recipe was already posted here.
                            Nice to see a new site up though.
                            The anti-bot questions are a bit tough! like what is the africaans for traditional home distillation?
                            Give me a break! what is wrong with add 3 and 7?

                            --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Robbie Mabry <robbie46@...> wrote:

                            > This is the one I made and it turned out very good.
                            > www.distillique.co.za/documents/corn_flake_whiskey.html
                            >
                            > Robbie
                          • Len
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jul 14, 2012
                              Now that the search is over, I hope we get a full report on how it comes out.

                              --- In mailto:new_distillers%40yahoogroups.com, Robbie Mabry <robbie46@...> wrote:

                              > This is the one I made and it turned out very good.
                              > www.distillique.co.za/documents/corn_flake_whiskey.html
                              >
                              > Robbie

                            • made_it_myself
                              Message 14 of 16 , Jul 15, 2012
                                Sure thing.
                                I have got a day off coming up soon, and I already have most of what I need.
                                Again thanks for all your help.

                                --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Len <seadragon79@...> wrote:

                                > Now that the search is over, I hope we get a full report on how it comes out.
                              • Fossil Diver
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jul 15, 2012
                                  On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 3:29 PM, M L <kekedog13@...> wrote:

                                  Yuuup. I found you a recipe.go to www.artisan-distiller.org  ,click on the link that says " if you saw a show about moonshiners". Then click on Recipe # 2 Modern Moonshine recipe. It  also has the full procedure all spelled out for you. ML

                                  Thanks, that is the one I was looking for. I too will post a report soon.
                                • M L
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jul 15, 2012
                                    I'll bet it turns out GRRRRRRREAT ! ML