Yellow Colour

  • blscarter
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2012
      I cooked of my batch & the colour of the alcohol that came out of the still is yellow in colour. Have I done something wrong or is this normal? Will it change when diluted & filtered? Will it be ok to drink? I am using a reflux still made from copper.
    • Slingshot
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2012
        Sounds like you filled your boiler too much. Generally, only fill to 80% capcity.