Re: Rice Hulls

  • tgfoitwoods
    Message 1 of 2 , May 12, 2012
      slange,

      It's not a stuck wash that rice hulls prevent, it's a stuck sparge. Sparging is where you drain/rinse the sugary water off of starch-converted (mashed) grain. When the grain bed does not allow liquid to flow (sorta) easily through it, that's a stuck sparge. I'm guessing your bulk rice hulls will probably work well for avoiding stuck sparges.

      Zymurgy Bob on the road