RE: [new_distillers] Re: Vodka

  • Gavin Flett
    Message 1 of 6 , May 7 8:49 AM
      I found that my run was very estery. What I thought I could put in ended up having to go to feints as it had too much of a snap to it, not smooth at all. Basically it was extra 20% of the ethanol that I had to add to the existing tails. Which was already about 15% of the run.

      I cut it down and compared it to some of the higher end brands like Belvedere. It was quite sweet in comparison. So I am going to filter the hell out of it and see what it tastes like after that.

      To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
      From: edbar44@...
      Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 09:50:46 -0400
      Subject: [new_distillers] Re: Vodka

      I stop at 79.5, my range is 78.3 to 79.5 and get most of everything available, whatever is left, usually 500-1000 ml I pull off for later distillation.

      I usually get between 8-10 quarts from a run of 15 gallons.