Re: [new_distillers] Valved Reflux still - sugar washes fail

  • BillyWeeble@cs.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 17, 2002
      In a message dated 6/17/02 9:51:26 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
      legendre@... writes:

      << I'll have a P&T hydrometer in a few days, so then I can take a
      quantitative measurement of proof. >>

      Sorry, coulda had this on the last note... didn't you say you were having
      problems with your washes failing? An hydrometer would have helped prevent
      that. This hobby is alot like a 1000 piece picture puzzle with the pieces
      hiding all over the freakin' house. Seek and ye shall find......
    • Jeanette Dunphy
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 18, 2002

        This hobby is alot like a 1000 piece picture puzzle with the pieces
        hiding all over the freakin' house. Seek and ye shall find......

        I couldn't agree more.

        But Trial and Error plays a large part as well. I have redistilled litres of the stuff because what I flavoured it with was not very nice at all ( bloody awful actually ). Redistill it then start again. Wait for it to age, and pray it will be ok this time.

        SOLD.com.au - Find yourself a bargain!
      • J. Ganble

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 19, 2002
            On Wed, 19 Jun 2002 10:25:27 -0400
            "J. Ganble" <ko4qc@...> wrote:

            > Its funny what different people are looking for in their finished
            > product....I prefer a spirit as neutral as possible...no smell or taste
            > ...I dilute with water to appx 100 proof and drink it straight with a
            > sip

            <strangelove>

            I drink only pure grain alcohol and distilled water - or rainwater. The
            commies are putting Fluoride in the damn drinking water... It's all part
            of the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our
            precious bodily fluids.

            </strangelove>

            -- Dr. M. Legendre