Re: [new_distillers] Clarification on JEM wash recipe

  • White Bear
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
      Jerry-
        I am sorry that no one answered your question - as I am also waiting for someone to speak up and answer as I would like to know to.
      White Bear

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
        Hi guys
        usually use Rockstar energy drink, 473 ml or 16 oz (US) in a 7 Gal wash
        It is the size that is on sale most often in Canada.
        I don't think I have ever seen the vanilla one, whatever flavor as long as it has lots of the vitamin B's
        it works
        Hope that helps
        Dave

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
          Thanks Dave for the clarification.
          White Bear

            I am sorry that no one answered your question - as I am also waiting for someone to speak up and answer as I would like to know to.
          White Bear

          I have not received any responses to the email below. Did I ask a bad question?

          The JEM Wash recipe calls for: 1 can Energy Drink of your choice (Rock Star Roasted Vanilla or Red Bull suggested)

          Red Bull come in 6,8.4, 12 and 20 ounce cans.

          For a 5 gallon wash, how many ounces of energy drink should you use?

        • MoSS
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 2, 2012
            What ever you do, don't use "V".

            The stuff had so much preservative in it that it killed the yeast and ruined a 30L wash.

            Lesson learnt.
          • Dave
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 2, 2012
              OK, I won't use it,
              But what is "V"?,
              I have never seen it. is there an other name?
              Dave

              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 3, 2012
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_(drink)

                --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Dave <bbmdave@...> wrote:

                > OK, I won't use it,
                > But what is "V"?,
                > I have never seen it. is there an other name?
                > Dave

              • Dave
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 3, 2012
                  LOL, but I did find this
                  http://www.v-energydrink.com/  (good looking site,I hope Yahoo gets the link right)
                  looks like its only available in NZ and Australia
                  Cheers
                  Dave

                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 3, 2012
                    Dave wrote: "I did find this http://www.v-energydrink.com"

                    Horrible stuff, full of caffeine and guano.

                    Paul NZ
                  • Jerry McCullough
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 4, 2012
                      JamesonBeam1 (aka Waldo) is the orginator of the JEM wash. I have read that he is in bad health and does not participate much anymore in this forum. A sad loss in my opinion.
                      I was wondering if any of the old timers in this forum that might have personal ties to Jameson contact him and report back to the forum about his health and how much energy drink is supposed to be used in the JEM wash.

                      Thanks.