Re: [new_distillers] Clarification on JEM wash recipe

  • Jerry McCullough
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1 8:06 AM
      I have not received any responses to the email below. Did I ask a bad question?

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1 10:01 AM
        Jerry-
          I am sorry that no one answered your question - as I am also waiting for someone to speak up and answer as I would like to know to.
        White Bear

        I have not received any responses to the email below. Did I ask a bad question?

        The JEM Wash recipe calls for: 1 can Energy Drink of your choice (Rock Star Roasted Vanilla or Red Bull suggested)

        Red Bull come in 6,8.4, 12 and 20 ounce cans.

        For a 5 gallon wash, how many ounces of energy drink should you use?

      • Dave
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1 10:16 AM
          Hi guys
          usually use Rockstar energy drink, 473 ml or 16 oz (US) in a 7 Gal wash
          It is the size that is on sale most often in Canada.
          I don't think I have ever seen the vanilla one, whatever flavor as long as it has lots of the vitamin B's
          it works
          Hope that helps
          Dave

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 1 1:52 PM
            Thanks Dave for the clarification.
            White Bear

              I am sorry that no one answered your question - as I am also waiting for someone to speak up and answer as I would like to know to.
            White Bear

            I have not received any responses to the email below. Did I ask a bad question?

            The JEM Wash recipe calls for: 1 can Energy Drink of your choice (Rock Star Roasted Vanilla or Red Bull suggested)

            Red Bull come in 6,8.4, 12 and 20 ounce cans.

            For a 5 gallon wash, how many ounces of energy drink should you use?

          • MoSS
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 2 3:54 PM
              What ever you do, don't use "V".

              The stuff had so much preservative in it that it killed the yeast and ruined a 30L wash.

              Lesson learnt.
            • Dave
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 2 6:02 PM
                OK, I won't use it,
                But what is "V"?,
                I have never seen it. is there an other name?
                Dave

                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 3 1:25 PM
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_(drink)

                  --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Dave <bbmdave@...> wrote:

                  > OK, I won't use it,
                  > But what is "V"?,
                  > I have never seen it. is there an other name?
                  > Dave

                • Dave
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 3 3:37 PM
                    LOL, but I did find this
                    http://www.v-energydrink.com/  (good looking site,I hope Yahoo gets the link right)
                    looks like its only available in NZ and Australia
                    Cheers
                    Dave

                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 3 3:44 PM
                      Dave wrote: "I did find this http://www.v-energydrink.com"

                      Horrible stuff, full of caffeine and guano.

                      Paul NZ
                    • Jerry McCullough
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 4 7:45 AM
                        JamesonBeam1 (aka Waldo) is the orginator of the JEM wash. I have read that he is in bad health and does not participate much anymore in this forum. A sad loss in my opinion.
                        I was wondering if any of the old timers in this forum that might have personal ties to Jameson contact him and report back to the forum about his health and how much energy drink is supposed to be used in the JEM wash.

                        Thanks.