Clarification on JEM wash recipe

  • JerryM
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 27, 2012
      The JEM Wash recipe calls for: 1 can Energy Drink of your choice (Rock Star Roasted Vanilla or Red Bull suggested)

      Red Bull come in 6,8.4, 12 and 20 ounce cans.

      For a 5 gallon wash, how many ounces of energy drink should you use?
    • Jerry McCullough
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
        I have not received any responses to the email below. Did I ask a bad question?

        The JEM Wash recipe calls for: 1 can Energy Drink of your choice (Rock Star Roasted Vanilla or Red Bull suggested)

        Red Bull come in 6,8.4, 12 and 20 ounce cans.

        For a 5 gallon wash, how many ounces of energy drink should you use?

      • White Bear
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
          Jerry-
            I am sorry that no one answered your question - as I am also waiting for someone to speak up and answer as I would like to know to.
          White Bear

          I have not received any responses to the email below. Did I ask a bad question?

          The JEM Wash recipe calls for: 1 can Energy Drink of your choice (Rock Star Roasted Vanilla or Red Bull suggested)

          Red Bull come in 6,8.4, 12 and 20 ounce cans.

          For a 5 gallon wash, how many ounces of energy drink should you use?

        • Dave
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
            Hi guys
            usually use Rockstar energy drink, 473 ml or 16 oz (US) in a 7 Gal wash
            It is the size that is on sale most often in Canada.
            I don't think I have ever seen the vanilla one, whatever flavor as long as it has lots of the vitamin B's
            it works
            Hope that helps
            Dave

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
              Thanks Dave for the clarification.
              White Bear

                I am sorry that no one answered your question - as I am also waiting for someone to speak up and answer as I would like to know to.
              White Bear

              I have not received any responses to the email below. Did I ask a bad question?

              The JEM Wash recipe calls for: 1 can Energy Drink of your choice (Rock Star Roasted Vanilla or Red Bull suggested)

              Red Bull come in 6,8.4, 12 and 20 ounce cans.

              For a 5 gallon wash, how many ounces of energy drink should you use?

            • MoSS
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 2, 2012
                What ever you do, don't use "V".

                The stuff had so much preservative in it that it killed the yeast and ruined a 30L wash.

                Lesson learnt.
              • Dave
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 2, 2012
                  OK, I won't use it,
                  But what is "V"?,
                  I have never seen it. is there an other name?
                  Dave

                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 3, 2012
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_(drink)

                    --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Dave <bbmdave@...> wrote:

                    > OK, I won't use it,
                    > But what is "V"?,
                    > I have never seen it. is there an other name?
                    > Dave

                  • Dave
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 3, 2012
                      LOL, but I did find this
                      http://www.v-energydrink.com/  (good looking site,I hope Yahoo gets the link right)
                      looks like its only available in NZ and Australia
                      Cheers
                      Dave

                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 3, 2012
                        Dave wrote: "I did find this http://www.v-energydrink.com"

                        Horrible stuff, full of caffeine and guano.

                        Paul NZ
                      • Jerry McCullough
                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 4, 2012
                          JamesonBeam1 (aka Waldo) is the orginator of the JEM wash. I have read that he is in bad health and does not participate much anymore in this forum. A sad loss in my opinion.
                          I was wondering if any of the old timers in this forum that might have personal ties to Jameson contact him and report back to the forum about his health and how much energy drink is supposed to be used in the JEM wash.

                          Thanks.