Re: new pot still

  • lostwilly929
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 24, 2012
      @ truitt20> I just started playing with my first still, a 2.5 gal alembic. I also scrubbed the heck out of it, ran a gallon of vinegar& water acid wash, and a sacrificial mash. My mash after is very dark to. There was also a broad thick layer of some kind of caulking on the inside pot joints that has since pealed off, not sure if it was supposed to but nothing is leaking so I'm not worried. Also, my distillate is is clear and I'm hitting 50 to 60% as it's supposed to. Take a look at the picture I posted of a 1/2 shot burning. I'm not going to worry about the inside of the pot darkening or the the dregs, a soap and water wash after a run is prolly enough.

      Willy