Re: For Harry

  • Peter Gordon
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 19, 2012
      Thanks Harry, but now I'm a bit confused.

      I don't have any of those in my low wines, do I?  Those all got left behind during racking, settling and stripping.
      My feints certainly don't have any "solids like dead yeast, grain husks, gums etc." or am I wrong?

      I've got four stripped 'Single Malt' washes ready to be combined for a slow spirit run.  The heads and tails from the
      previous spirit run have been combined and diluted to 25 -27% with soft water.  I can see the oilyness on the surface
      of the feints so I'm planning to ditch the TOP third.  Do you recommend that I ditch the bottom third as well?
      Even if there are no "solids like dead yeast, grain husks, gums etc." present?

      I am cloning Glenmorangie in my modified pot still and it tastes real good. Can hardly keep up with the consumption.

      Regards, and
      --

      Sláinte math!

      Peter Gordon