Multi Element Condensor

  • sotpyrc
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2012
      I am in the process of building a Valved Reflux still, and had an idea that I'm implementing in the design of my condenser. I made two independent coils, one with in ID of about 2 inches, the second with an ID of about 1 and a half inches both about 8 inches long. My coolant inputs are at the top to cool from the top down similar in function to a counter flow wort chiller with my outputs going back up through the middle of the center coil. I also created a cold finger out of half inch copper about 7 inches long. Drilled a 1/4" hole in the top cap and one one the side. I put about 6 inches of 1/4" od copper tube through the top cap(input) and another very short piece into the side (output) so that coolant hits the bottom cap and flows back up the finger.
      I have a 1/2 hp centrifugal pump that's going to feed the inputs individually and the outputs will all dump into a half inch diameter tube to go back to the recirculating tank.
      This is my first post here and am looking for any comments.