Re: Crushing barley Malt grain crusher

  • Tim
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 10, 2012
      Where did those instructions come from? I've been looking for something similar to this for a while!

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, White Bear <sha_man_1@...> wrote:

      > DR. Brown-
      >   Attached you will find a DIY Malt Grain Crusher.  It is rather a small unit but with a bit of ingenuity you could enlarge it to suit your needs
      > White Bear

    • made_it_myself
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 10, 2012
        Thanks for that, it is similar to what I was thinking about.
        However using a rolling pin as a roller is inspired!
        I was going to use a piece of 3" mild steel I had lying about. but I maight re-think it now.

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, White Bear <sha_man_1@...> wrote:

        > DR. Brown-
        >   Attached you will find a DIY Malt Grain Crusher.  It is rather a small unit but with a bit of ingenuity you could enlarge it to suit your needs
        > White Bear

      • White Bear
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 11, 2012
          Tim and all-
            This information came out of an old book from the 30's that is no longer in print.  I am an old wine maker from way back and have acquired this book when I was 10.  Yes, my first bottle of wine was made in my basement when I was ten years old.
          White Bear

          Singing Mouse
          Shamanic Learning Center
          http://smslc.org