Re: [new_distillers] Re: Question

  • fatbloke@gmx.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2012
      Geoff answer was brilliant.

      Except for one, erm, minor point....... I seriously doubt, that any drinkable mead has ever been made using the recipes from the link. Honey boiled to death (making meads is closer to wine making, than it is too beer making). Excessive quantities of spices, that would render the result undrinkable. Ingredients that have no merit (sugar), etc etc.

      For mead recipes generally, gotmead is probably the best place to look (for actual recipes, method, technique, tips 'n tricks, etc).

      Whether there's any decent info about distilled mead, out there, I don't know, but there are a number of distilled mead products out there, especially from Eastern Europe.

      Sent from my HTC