Re: Jim's Energy Miracle-Gro Wash

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 13, 2012
      JB,

      I have made several JEM washes and have, in my opinion, had great success.

      Please address your point #4 (see below). When I rack a batch off the yeast sediment (trub), I get about 3 quarts of nice smelling "fluffy" trub. I refrigerate it until the next batch and pitch about half of it in the batch to kick off the fermentation. It starts within a few hours. Should I use all of it? Can one use too much? Should some of it be boiled to sterilize it and then used for food for the yeast in the next batch? How long can the trub be stored in the refrigerator at 40 degreef F? Can it be frozen and used after an extended deep freeze storage?

      Thanks in advance for your help!

      Cheers,

      Tom

      > Ok Kacj, Bigdaddy and others,
      >
      > Here's the first shot across the bow for this recipe. The idea of using
      > Energy Drinks was first discussed here 2 years ag0 when

      SNIP>