Re: Newbe Questions

  • rhinodust
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 8, 2012
      I agree with Geoff. Silver solder is not that expensive, provides a stronger joint and I won't have to worry about unknown solvent effects on the bonding glue. It will also look much better so silver solder is now the plan. I plan to use a three bolt exhaust flange to connect the column to a inverted stainless bowl, that assembly will clamp to the keg. I am also thinking about changing the design from what I usually see in keg to column transition. Instead of going straight up from the keg, I want to come off the keg with a 45 deg elbow and extend it about 18" then another 45 into the column. I am thinking I might get better temp controll because the column won't be sitting directley above the heat source. Of course, I will have to add some type of support structure. Any opinions?

      Cheers