soapy flavors?

  • Chris Jude
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2012
      Folks,

      I've been running sorghum juice wine through my 3.5' packed still, and have a good amount now that I've had on some charred oak for about a month.  The column is copper with copper packing.  The wines tasted fine when I ran them.  I tasted to liquor last night and it had overall a good flavor to it, but there was a soapiness to it that I'm concerned about.  Any ideas where this may have come from?  I used EC-1118 yeast, and would get to about 10% alc from a 20 brix juice.

      Thanks,
      Chris