Z Bob's new New Still

  • Shot Man
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2012
      Good afternoon all,
      What kind of new build Z Bob?
      See you,
      Shotman
    • tgfoitwoods
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2012
        Hey, Shotman,

        Sorry to be slow. The new still is as close to a classic "gooseneck" potstill as I can get, using 2" copper and a long tapered (engineering prototype) copper cone from Artisan Copper Works. I'm aiming for flavor, and if I get flush, I just may try one of Artisan Copper Works' single-plate bubble-ball, a new product.

        ACW is in China and owned by Fester, a web-friend and distiller (and ex-Texan), and they are building some incredible stuff at reasonable prices. So far, the bubble-balls are getting good reviews for flavor, which turns me on.

        http://www.artisancopperworks.com/

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Shot Man" <shotman@...> wrote:

        > Good afternoon all,
        > What kind of new build Z Bob?
        > See you,
        > Shotman

      • Shot Man
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 6, 2012
          Thanks Z Bob,
          It will be a good looking still with a tapered line arm and all shined up. I too have been pondering at least 1 thumper equivalent bubble plate or plates . Once done then you can tell us if there is a difference in taste with a gooseneck verses the regular setup.
          Have a great weekend,