FW: [new_distillers] Re: alcohol license

  • Robert Hubble
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2011
      I'm passing this on for elmbrook, because his postings don't seem to appear in the new_distillers messages, although I see them in what's delivered to my hotmail account. ...And elm?...of course it's worth posting. Hopefully. someone smarter than I will find what's going on with your lost posts.

      Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

      Subject: Fwd: [new_distillers] Re: alcohol license
      From: elmbrook@...
      Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 17:19:03 -0500
      To: zymurgybob@...

      Bob, this is what I tried to get posted - if you think it's worth being posted please feel free to put it out there.  I hope others would find it important.  By the way my distillery is quite small.
      regards,

      Sent from my iPad

      Subject: Re: [new_distillers] Re: alcohol license

      Mav, I'd respectfully disagree.  In the states at least you can run an operation nearly as small as you like.  What I would say is that you must make really fine spirits as you can't compete with the big players on volume and price. Customers will buy quality.  In my view we need more real distillers (like ones on this forum) entering the market as too many fake distillers are claiming to be distillers and just buying their spirits from some factory and rebottling.  The real renaissance in distilling is happening here and I hope those of you who can make a to quality product consider going commercial - it's not that hard if you're a bit of an entrepreneur.
      Regards,

      Sent from my iPad

      On Dec 28, 2011, at 6:41 AM, "mav" <mavnkaf@...> wrote:

      The best place to ask questions about distilling spirits legally is the ADI.

      http://distilling.com/

      Many have asked the same questions and many have said it's easy! It's bull shit! If you want to be licensed to drink your own spirit, it still won't work because you must pay your tax, insurance and the rest of it.

      If you want to run a small distillery for a life style thing, be ready to spend a big wad of money to earn a trickle!

      Other wise, just keep under the radar.

      Mav