recommendations please

  • kim decker
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 20, 2011
      looking at trying my hand at bourbonĀ  thinking of a reflux still but now recent reading leads me to think more about pot stills recommendations please
    • Max Norton
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 22, 2011
        If all you want to do is run sugar washes and make a neutral spirit of high proof and quality, reflux is the way to go. If you are going after finely crafted flavors in bourbon and fruit brandies, a pot still is the way to go. Diversify, have one of each!
        !
      • David Lail
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 23, 2011
          I have a 2 inch reflux still from milehidistilling.com and it does a great job as a pot still also. Just bypass the column water cooling jacket.
        • magnaman13
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 23, 2011
            --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Max Norton <nortonshog@...> wrote:

            > If all you want to do is run sugar washes and make a neutral spirit of high proof and quality, reflux is the way to go. If you are going after finely crafted flavors in bourbon and fruit brandies, a pot still is the way to go. Diversify, have one of each!
            > !

            Try
            Essential Extractor Pro Series II- from Brewhaus