Chemistry and Copper

  • adam
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2011
      I clean my copper packing in glass bowls of water with citric acid. Im noticing the water turning blue. Anyone have a good explanation whats happening? Ive read some about nutrients etc and amonia. I run a 3" cloum diameter packed with copper but don't run water thru the reflux jacket and found I get a good flavor whiskey in one run this way so the copper gets perty dingy. Any chemists here?