Re: [new_distillers] Copper Mesh

  • Jan Ooms
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 11, 2011
      Hi Sparkie,
      Look up "The Amphora Society" and order your copper mesh from them. They are members of this forum and I have purchased mesh from them before.
      100% satisfaction.
      If you are down-under you can order it through New Zealand.
      Regards,
      Jan.

      Has anyone used Stuf-fit copper mesh as a column packing? Amazon and Ebay have it in 20 foot rolls and claim it is 100% copper. Just wondering if anyone has experience with this and wether it is pure copper or a copper alloy. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

    • sparkie1085
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 14, 2011
        Thanks for that info Jan,

        I'm in Oklahoma USA so I'm looking for "local" source for copper mesh. I tried some alleged "stainless steel sponges" that turned out to be magnetic so I suspect they are the 430 series stainless.