Re: Greetings from new guy

  • gaveupontv
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 12, 2011
      If you are just starting out, I can recommend a few great websites and 3 great books. Obviously, there are many more, but these are at the top of my list.

      http://homedistiller.org/forum/ great site, you'll spend hours here!
      http://distillers.tastylime.net/library/Simple_Low_cost_Stills/index.htm I've tried his small still and it worked well. He has a book that I recommend for more advanced distillers "Designing and building automatic stills" by Riku
      "The Compleat Distiller" by Nixon and McCaw, and "Making pure corn whiskey" by Ian Smiley. His web page is here http://www.home-distilling.com/

      I think the best book for those just starting is 'the compleat distiller' (the book spells it 'compleat'.
      another great site is the amphora society
      http://www.amphora-society.com/

      I've dealt with all these sites, and can highly recommend them. Mr. Smiley's site is very quick to arrive if you live in the US. I've also bought stuff from Amphora, and I believe they have somebody in the States who ship for them, because I think Amphora is in New Zeland possibly? It's always nice to order and have stuff come in withing a week from start to finish.