Re: keeping your liquor in an old fruit jar

  • tgfoitwoods
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 6, 2011
      If Ball jar lids are not ethanol safe, it's news to me. I've had lots of liquor stored for years in jars with those lids, and I've never seen degradation or tasted off flavors.

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Chris Jude <vegbenz300@...> wrote:

      > I've heard that Ball Jar Lids aren't good for the liquor, as the rubber
      > gasket isn't compatible. What are some good, available containers to store
      > the liquor in?
      >
      > Chris

    • Jerry McCullough
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 7, 2011
        I get 3 liter, glass wine bottles from the clear glass bin at my local recycle center. Technically I guess that would be stealing, but I consider it borrowing. I recycle about 90 percent of the materials that I use so eventually, those jugs will end back in the recycle system.

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 7, 2011
          > What are some good, available containers to store the liquor in?

          I use a lot of pre-made marinara sauce. (I really should learn a
          recipe, I guess ... ) It makes great pizzas, and goes fantastic as a
          sauce on top of mac & cheese. I particularly like Classico, both for
          flavor, and for the 1/2 cup graduations in the side of the jar. None
          of those sauce jars have that rubber gasket in there, though they do
          seem to have some type of coating. I don't shake up booze on a regular
          basis, but I haven't had a problem.

          --
          There's no "talking your way out" of a zombie apocalypse.