RE: [new_distillers] heart cuts

  • newbrew@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 31, 2011
      I love the idea of the cans for collection,but isn't aluminum and alcohol a no no? Does the lining stop the chemical interaction?
    • geoff burrows
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1 3:25 AM
        A better job would be small screw top soft drinks bottles made of clear glass
        Geoff
      • gavinflett
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 1 11:55 PM
          Crap, does the aluminum and the lining ruin the alcohol? I had to use cans because I live in the city and we don't have anywhere to get those old style fruit storage jars that my mom used to make fruit with. In fact, I have been hard pressed to find anywhere that I can buy just jars. I will accept any reasonable facsimile suggestions for storage, but I am quite good with my cuts now, I don't so much need the cans as much any more.

          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "geoff burrows" <jeffrey.burrows@...> wrote:

          > A better job would be small screw top soft drinks bottles made of clear glass
          > Geoff

        • Shot Man
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 2 5:17 AM
            Hi gavinflett,
            I collect in two glass 250mm measuring cups, the kind that are microwave oven safe. I then check the % and pour it in Mason Jars with a coffee filter on top. You could use Baby Food jars to collect in or drink bottles with a small funnel. Store it in Apple Juice, Apple Cider glass jars or any food safe glass jar. Have friends save them and donate to you.
            Have a good one,
            shotman

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 2 9:12 AM
              Awesome, thanks for the suggestions fellas.