moonshine festival

  • slackjawlocal
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 21, 2011
      Anybody been to the moonshine festival in Dawsonville GA? It's this weekend and I'm about 4 hours away. Not sure if it is worth the trip...
    • virgil hoskins
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 22, 2011
        Well I have not been to one but I have seen the youtube short vids on the place and Id like to try it next year.
        Im in ohio,, and sure would like to go as a group team if anyone would like to meet there,
        Virgil

        Anybody been to the moonshine festival in Dawsonville GA? It's this weekend and I'm about 4 hours away. Not sure if it is worth the trip...

      • Alli
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 23, 2011
          It depends on what you are looking for - if you like the local arts/crafts/food kind of thing, it is fine. If you are looking for moonshinning information do not go. Last time I went there was one both where a guy had some very small (miniture) stills on sale for $500 that were more decoration than anything else. I saw nothing that had anything to do with distilling spirits.
          Alli