surge boil with stripping run...

  • rebeletoh
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2011
      So I'm running a whiskey (51%corn, 49% 2 row) stripping run and I turned around at the wrong time and out of the 8 gallon wash, it surged and threw about 2-3 liters of wash in to my collection container. Its running fine now but I was wondering if that kinda ruined my low wines as far as being set to do a spirit run next. Can I runway the low wines in a spirit run or should I do another stripping run to get the boil over out? Not sure if this makes sense and I'm not really worried but this is my first attempt at a "real" mash whiskey run. Any thoughts?