Building a pot still

  • olrgernr
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 5, 2011
      I am new this hobby, but have found myself planing in my head every spare moment. Guess I am trying to get back to my southern mountains roots. Anyway, I just got a miller half keg and got the ball valve and stem out. thinking about adding about 2' of 2 inch copper for the head using an easy flange and 2" triclamp to attach it to the keg.
      Does this sound like a reasonable beginning?
      can i use a rubber stopper in the top with a hole for a thermometer?