Re: [new_distillers] Clearing Wash

  • Rev. David M. Cunningham
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 9, 2002
      << If you've never used any of the suggested methods then how do you
      clear your wash? >>

      Just to clear up some things (no pun intended), I never "suggested" the
      methods that I described. I only offered them as a piece of "historical"
      knowledge. I have no idea how well those methods really work, but by the
      amount of old wine making instructions that I have came across, they
      must have worked real well for those times. My family members used to
      use them, so I guess they were good for something.

      For my "brews," I let it sit and allow for it to clear itself. I don't use those "Turbo"
      yeasts, as I use regular EC-1118 and K1-V1116 by Lalvin.

      I make wine and this is where most of my "brewing" knowledge comes
      from. I follow my recipe's (yes Lynne, I do add and subtract from them
      when necessary) and make them just like any other type of wine. I have
      have used Sparkiloid (spelling?) a few times for real stubborn ones.

      Plain and simple -- that is the way I like things.

      Sincerely,
      Rev. David M. Cunningham

      P.S. I never received the original e-mail asking me this question, so I
      apologize for not answering sooner. It seems that Yahoo! and local law
      enforcement like to play with my e-mail at times.
    • waljaco
      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 10, 2002
        peter_vcb in msg 3263 recommended "Common Wine and Beer Finings" site
        http://www.brewerylane.com/finings.html
        Good description of the various finings available - appears you might
        need a positive and negative charged fining to be absolutely sure?

        Wal