Re: adjusting ph

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 20, 2011
      Bossy,

      You are now in commercial territory with 1000 litre washes. We mere hobbyists don't have the answers or experience you are asking for. I suggest you talk to the yeast makers. They know more about their product and how to treat it than we do. Also, as a commercial sized enterprise you would do well to join the forum best suited for your needs. That would be Bill Owen's American Distiller Institute...
      http://adiforums.com/

      HTH

      =========================

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "bravo" <bravoseychelles@...> wrote:

      > hi there all,
      > im using a new brand of yeast
      > anchor whisky yeast
      > as usual im use to 100 to 200 litre mash
      > now that im trying to do 1000 litre wash i fing that overnight the ph would fall from 4 to 2.7.....2.8
      > and i keep bringing the ph back up to 3.5 ...4
      > is this normal
      > why it did not happen before
      > is there something missing in the wash to keep the ph balance
      > or is this normal for large washes
      > thanks
      > bossy

    • bravo
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 24, 2011
        hey harry,
        tanks for the site, i will keep on being your member, simple expaanoation sometime is beter,
        take care
        bossy