my question in how to control the heat in a homemade malt dryer

  • big mike
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2011
      i plan on using a plastic 55 gal drum as a malt dryer. my question is how to control the heat? how hot should i keep the malt dryer to dry the corn?

      i am goin to build a wood box with a hole in it with a pace of duct and a fan in the duct to pipe the heat in to the drum. i will have the duct going in to another box with a portable radiator. i was wondering to fix the control the heat in the dryer box and not to shout off in the radiator box is hot. i am going to use a 1/4 or a 1/2 hp electric motor to turn the drum in the dryer box when i have it done i will put plans and photo on here so y'all see how to build one.