what is the best way to dry homemade malt

  • big mike
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 7, 2011
      hi i want to make homemade corn malt. there is no malter close to me were i live in S.C. wisconsin . its a hour and a have to a home brow shop and thay don't have corn malt on hand and its cousting me to much. i want to make it in bulk how do i do it and dry it 50 lbs to a 100 lbs
      i have been useing just crack corn from farm and fleet its not making as much as i would like. if if i had a 50/50 mix of store bought crack corn and corn malt i would have a better yeld
    • tgfoitwoods
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 7, 2011
        In Making Pure Corn Whiskey, Ian Smiley builds a layered wooden box with glo-cones and a fan to circulate the warm air. The layers work kinda like the layers in food dehydrators. He also notes that you need to use the malt in in a couple of weeks or it loses its diastatic enzyme powers.