Re: [new_distillers] Re: need help

  • JD
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 5, 2011
      10lbs is a bit much for a day ready fermentation.

      well I would check SG . buy a pack of Champaign yeast and pitch that in,(I think you mean trubo super yeast) nutrients and al are there so why bother adding more.
      check temperature put it somewhere where it is about 70°F

      Greets

      JackD

      Sent: Monday, September 05, 2011 3:57 PM
      Subject: Re: [new_distillers] Re: need help

      I think that the temp was too high (90 degs F) when I added the yeast. I am using super yeast

      And the wash had two five gallon buckets of pears that we boiled and mashed to that we added 10 lbs of sugar. We had two 7 gallon buckets of wash to which I added one pack of super yeast to each. The action started just as soon as the yeast was added and was going good when I went to bed, got up next morning and it had stopped

      Thanks for any information

      Don in Tennessee