Re: [new_distillers] need help

  • Fredrick Lee
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 4, 2011
      How much sugar did you use? How much pear "juice"?

      On Sep 4, 2011, at 9:35, dhaynes42@... wrote:

      All

      I am new to the hobby and I need help with a wash that I started yesterday

      we used pears and suger and have two 7 gal buckets of wash i used SuperYeast X-Press

      one packet per bucket and the fermenting started and was going good when I went to bed last

      night but this morning there is no bubbling at all. Can I restart and if so how

      Thanks for any information

      Don// in Tennessee

    • dhaynes42@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 5, 2011

        I think that the temp was too high (90 degs F) when I added the yeast. I am using super yeast

        And the wash had two five gallon buckets of pears that we boiled and mashed to that we added 10 lbs of sugar. We had two 7 gallon buckets of wash to which I added one pack of super yeast to each. The action started just as soon as the yeast was added and was going good when I went to bed, got up next morning and it had stopped

        Thanks for any information

        Don in Tennessee

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 5, 2011
          10lbs is a bit much for a day ready fermentation.

          well I would check SG . buy a pack of Champaign yeast and pitch that in,(I think you mean trubo super yeast) nutrients and al are there so why bother adding more.
          check temperature put it somewhere where it is about 70°F

          Greets

          JackD