need help

  • dhaynes42@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 4 7:35 AM

      All

      I am new to the hobby and I need help with a wash that I started yesterday

      we used pears and suger and have two 7 gal buckets of wash i used SuperYeast X-Press

      one packet per bucket and the fermenting started and was going good when I went to bed last

      night but this morning there is no bubbling at all. Can I restart and if so how

      Thanks for any information

      Don// in Tennessee

    • JD
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 4 12:27 PM
        could be so many things.

        could even be over heating it self and so committed suicide .

        well maybe it is something you added.
        so tell us what was the recipe . and where did you putt it . if it got warmer dan 34°C it killed it self
        did you clean the fermentor with bleach ore something.
        how much sugar did you putt in, and last but surely not least did you check specific gravity before adding the yeast ? and what does it say now.

        Greets

        JackD
      • Fredrick Lee

          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 5 6:57 AM

            I think that the temp was too high (90 degs F) when I added the yeast. I am using super yeast

            And the wash had two five gallon buckets of pears that we boiled and mashed to that we added 10 lbs of sugar. We had two 7 gallon buckets of wash to which I added one pack of super yeast to each. The action started just as soon as the yeast was added and was going good when I went to bed, got up next morning and it had stopped

            Thanks for any information

            Don in Tennessee

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 5 10:49 AM
              10lbs is a bit much for a day ready fermentation.

              well I would check SG . buy a pack of Champaign yeast and pitch that in,(I think you mean trubo super yeast) nutrients and al are there so why bother adding more.
              check temperature put it somewhere where it is about 70°F

              Greets

              JackD