Laphroaig broadcast

  • burrows206
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2011
      Dear geoff,

      I have been talking to you for some time about our plans for the next live webcast. Well, I am extremely excited to announce that this year's Laphroaig Live will be filmed in Sydney, against a stunning harbour-side backdrop, with views of the iconic Opera House. Views that have no doubt changed somewhat since they were first experienced many years ago by one of the founders of Laphroaig, Alexander Johnston.

      As many of you will already know, Alexander Johnston and his brother, Donald Johnston, founded Laphroaig back in 1815. Together they developed the unique flavour of Laphroaig, that is adored by FOLs throughout the World. In 1836, Alexander sold his share of the distillery to Donald, for the unthinkable sum of £350, he and his family then set sail for Australia, where they began a new life.

      We have managed to trace Alexander's great-great-great granddaughter, Lin Johnston, and she will be joining me in Sydney, along with Robert Hicks and author Rebecca Varidel, for an unforgettable tasting experience. The broadcast will last around 40 minutes and include a live question and answer session, where you will be invited to put your questions to the panel via the website.

      I'll be writing to you again in the next couple of weeks, with more exciting details about this event, as well as the website address. For now, I wanted to get the date firmly in your diaries – it will be broadcast on October 6th 2011.

      I will also be answering any questions you may have on Laphroaig Live on my Facebook page, so please feel free to drop me a line (www.facebook.com/laphroaig).

      I look forward to `seeing' you on October 6th!

      Slàinte,

      John Campbell

      Click here to unsubscribe

      Laphroaig adheres to the SWA Code of Practice for the Responsible Marketing and Promotion of Scotch Whisky
      Enjoy responsibly -