Re: Clean-up After a Run

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2011
      Gavin,

      I rinse it and most of the crud is gone but the odor is still there and it's very strong so I use the Star-San.

      Tom

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Gavin Flett <gavin_flett@...> wrote:

      > Does it not come out with just a rinse?
      >
      >Snip
    • Shot Man
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1, 2011
        Hi Gavin,
        I use antibacterial Dawn dish detergent. I clean my shell condenser like a shotgun. But no matter how clean I get it all, it still has a odor to it. Never tasted it in my drink though. I have a stainless boiler with all else being copper. I may distill some water in it one day just to see if something really does carry over.
        Have a good one,
        shotman