A lot of sediments, can it affect the work of the yeast ?

  • procule
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2002
    • procule
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2002
        Hello all,

        I've tried something with corn meal, malt and cracked barley.

        I've a layer of about 1 cm in the bottom of the fermentation pot.
        The barley is for nutrients. The corn meal isn't in an all-solid phase
        but more like jelly.

        Can it affect the work of the yeast ?

        Should I shake it to get the sugar in the bottom, in contact with the
        yeast ?

        What do you suggest to have a full fermentation ?

        Thank you !

        Procule