Re: copper or stainless mesh?

  • azeo2
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 20, 2011
      and for experience, copper mesh experiences galvanic corrosion in a stainless still, so as Harry says, stainless mesh inside copper, or copper mesh inside copper works best. cleaning as Harry says works best.

      also define "not working well" if not working well means cabbagy or sulphide odor coming through, then its as harry says, no copper to react with. If its reflux control, or back-pressure/proof/output purity problems, then there are other things to look at, like how tightly packed the mesh is (or loosley), whether is "structured/knitted" mesh, or postscrubbers (which need to be pulled apart abit) and the power input to column etc. 2" (and sometimes stainless, this means OD, not I/D so its even a bit smaller internally than thout) can only handle a certain input power, roughly over 1.5kW in to the boiler can be starting to push it, although many poeple have things optimised well enough to run more than this... especially if boilers aren't insulated. Is the column insulated too btw? hope that's some more food for thought :)
      azeo