Re: Where to buy?

  • Tom Cowdrey
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 16, 2011
      Re: Where to buy?

      I suggest you try www.rockytopstills.com.  I love mine.  Good service and very knowledgeable.

    • Fredrick Lee
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 16, 2011
        Its an older style 2" x 49" copper, twin-valved reflux ontop of a beer keg.

        On Jun 16, 2011, at 14:22, Joe <joeyalbertus@...> wrote:

        Well thanks Fred, I've got one more trick up my sleeve to get mine watertight.  I recently saw that they've come out with a copper epoxy that will glue pipes together.  Its non-toxic and should do the trick.  What kind of still do you have?

        On Jun 16, 2011, at 6:20 AM, Fredrick Lee <fredrick@...> wrote:

        Don't. I'll help you get yours running; I built mine. Jus say when.   If that fails, you can buy mine.

        On Jun 14, 2011, at 23:54, "joeyalbertus" <joeyalbertus@...> wrote:

        After much deliberation and much patchwork I've decided to purchase a reflux tower instead of limping mine along. I thought I was pretty good at soldering copper but after three tries I still have more than one leak and I'm over it. Does anyone have a recommendation as where to purchase a decent reflux still for less than 500$? Thanks!

      • Ed Barcik
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 17, 2011

          Copper epoxy won't work, I tried it long ago, bad news.

          I don't know where you are located but I've had good luck with these sealants, www.PPE.com and search for 7290 or maybe the link below will work.

          https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ppe.com%2F11cat%2F0634.pdf&docid=cbb3f9150d1d6885eef900b6739faaef&a=bi&pagenumber=1&w=1655

          I've used it on many joints and never soldered them. I've even used them to glue sanitary stainless fittings into the end of the copper pipes and never had a leak.

        • Joe