Re: Where to buy?

  • T-Bone, Smokin T
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 16, 2011
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "joeyalbertus" <joeyalbertus@...> wrote:

      > After much deliberation and much patchwork I've decided to purchase a reflux tower instead of limping mine along. I thought I was pretty good at soldering copper but after three tries I still have more than one leak and I'm over it. Does anyone have a recommendation as where to purchase a decent reflux still for less than 500$? Thanks!

      have a look at http://www.home-distilling.com/

      they have some great stuff there and lots of knowledge if you have any questions.
    • Fredrick Lee
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 16, 2011
        Don't. I'll help you get yours running; I built mine. Jus say when.   If that fails, you can buy mine.

        On Jun 14, 2011, at 23:54, "joeyalbertus" <joeyalbertus@...> wrote:

        After much deliberation and much patchwork I've decided to purchase a reflux tower instead of limping mine along. I thought I was pretty good at soldering copper but after three tries I still have more than one leak and I'm over it. Does anyone have a recommendation as where to purchase a decent reflux still for less than 500$? Thanks!

      • Tom Cowdrey
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 16, 2011
          Re: Where to buy?

          I suggest you try www.rockytopstills.com.  I love mine.  Good service and very knowledgeable.

        • Joe

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 17, 2011

                Copper epoxy won't work, I tried it long ago, bad news.

                I don't know where you are located but I've had good luck with these sealants, www.PPE.com and search for 7290 or maybe the link below will work.

                https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ppe.com%2F11cat%2F0634.pdf&docid=cbb3f9150d1d6885eef900b6739faaef&a=bi&pagenumber=1&w=1655

                I've used it on many joints and never soldered them. I've even used them to glue sanitary stainless fittings into the end of the copper pipes and never had a leak.

              • Joe