Re: the tails

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 6, 2011
      Hey Bossy,

      Redistilling your feints is just like distilling a new batch of lets say
      10% wash. If you distill a 10% wash in a pot still it should come out
      around 120 proof or so depending on internal reflux. Same goes for
      redistilling feints - it will come out higher depending on the ABV going
      in.

      JB. aka Waldo.

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "bravo" <bravoseychelles@...>
      wrote:

      > please explain
      > when i do strip runs
      > i collect all. after this i do a second run
      > at 20 abv i cut and descaard the tails.
      > the advise is to add it to the next batch to be distilled.
      > if i collected lets say 50 litres of tails
      > and distilled the tails only would it come out like at 70 abv
      downwards
      > or it will not be more than 20 abv where we stopped them in the first
      place.
      > i have not donne it yet but just wanted to know if its the case or
      not.
      > thanks for the info
      > ps thanks all for the advise on the tobaco thing . i just thought its
      too risky and might not be popular.
      > thanks again

    • bravo
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 7, 2011
        thanks waldo.
        this was short and presise lol
        as i thought
        i will try just to see how much of a hang aver it might give lol