the tails

  • bravo
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2011
      please explain
      when i do strip runs
      i collect all. after this i do a second run
      at 20 abv i cut and descaard the tails.
      the advise is to add it to the next batch to be distilled.
      if i collected lets say 50 litres of tails
      and distilled the tails only would it come out like at 70 abv downwards
      or it will not be more than 20 abv where we stopped them in the first place.
      i have not donne it yet but just wanted to know if its the case or not.
      thanks for the info
      ps thanks all for the advise on the tobaco thing . i just thought its too risky and might not be popular.
      thanks again
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 6, 2011
        Hey Bossy,

        Redistilling your feints is just like distilling a new batch of lets say
        10% wash. If you distill a 10% wash in a pot still it should come out
        around 120 proof or so depending on internal reflux. Same goes for
        redistilling feints - it will come out higher depending on the ABV going
        in.

        JB. aka Waldo.

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "bravo" <bravoseychelles@...>
        wrote:

        > please explain
        > when i do strip runs
        > i collect all. after this i do a second run
        > at 20 abv i cut and descaard the tails.
        > the advise is to add it to the next batch to be distilled.
        > if i collected lets say 50 litres of tails
        > and distilled the tails only would it come out like at 70 abv
        downwards
        > or it will not be more than 20 abv where we stopped them in the first
        place.
        > i have not donne it yet but just wanted to know if its the case or
        not.
        > thanks for the info
        > ps thanks all for the advise on the tobaco thing . i just thought its
        too risky and might not be popular.
        > thanks again

      • bravo
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 7, 2011
          thanks waldo.
          this was short and presise lol
          as i thought
          i will try just to see how much of a hang aver it might give lol