Re: [new_distillers] black copper mesh

  • Derek Hamlet
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2011
      At 07:57 AM 6/2/2011, you wrote:

      >Hi
      >
      >My copper mesh has been black for some time, though my spirit is
      >nice and clean. I've done a vinegar distillation but it is still
      >black. Would running hot citric solution through it clear it up?
      >I've only ever distilled washes made from turbo yeasts.

      I've never done a vinegar distillation. I tend to just take out the
      mesh, soak it in a bucket of cheap vinegar, rinse it, soak it again,
      rinse it then start distilling. Same for my 2" column although I
      have to use a brush with an extension to do some scrubbing.

      Derek
      "And you know that she's half crazy
      But that's why you want to be there"
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2011
        Hi Dav,

        I have found copper to clean up very will with a 20% vinegar solution
        and some salt boiled for about 15 minutes - should work.

        JB. aka Waldo.

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "David Eastham" <planetgong0@...>