Re: INFUSION OF TOBACO IN ALCHOHOL

  • brzdistiller
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2011
      you might want to read this:

      http://www.artofdrink.com/blog/nicotini-tobacco-infusions/

      Cheers,

      TH

      > Hi Bossy,
      >
      > Yes nicotine will disolve in alcohol, but personally dont like cigar
      > flavor - might want to try chewing tobacco instead. If you want flavor,
      > then try some of those sweet, spiced chewing tobacco - much better then
      > cigars. I tried soaking a cigar in bourbon once and all it did was ruin
      > a good cigar.
      >
      > JB. aka Waldo.
      >
      > PS> However maceration of some good marahoochie stuff in alcohol is well
      > worth it....
      >

      > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "bravo" <bravoseychelles@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > I KNOW IT SOUNDS SCARY ,
      > > IVE READ A LOT BUT CANNOT FIND THE EXACT INFO SO I THOUGHT WHAT BETTER
      > PLACE TO ASK BUT THE EXPERTS
      > > I INTEND OR WOULD LIKE TO GIVE A DRINK A GOOD VANILLA CSENTED CIGAR
      > SMELL.
      > > SOUND GOOD HEHN LOL
      > > I READ I CAN KILL PEOPLE DOING THAT
      > > SO THE QUESTION
      > > IF I WAS TO DISTILL THE ALCHOHOL WITH THE CHOPED CIGAR IN THE GIN
      > BASKET .
      > > WILL THIS ALSO CARRY OVER THE BAD STUFF OR ONLT THE GOOD STUFF
      > > I REALLY DONT WANT TO TAKE A CHANCE WITH THIS
      > > I READ THAT THE NICOTINE WILL ONLY BE ACTIVATED OR EVAPORATED AT
      > 200PLUC CELCIUS
      > > IF U KNOW ANY GOOD DEFINITE SITE OR LINKE OR IF U KNOW THEN PLEASE
      > ADVISE
      > > THANKS
      > > BOSSY

    • waljaco
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 2, 2011
        You will have nicotine in an infusion together with bitter compounds.
        Not tasty at all but an effective way to get a nicotine high. But about 60mg will kill you!
        It appears that nicotine will not distill over - either macerate and re-distil or use a basket.
        wal

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "bravo" <bravoseychelles@...> wrote:

        > ok david and waldo thanks for the reply.
        > but
        > is it safer to infuse the tobaco in the distilled spirit or to place in the spice basket as i distill a second time .
        > just in case its safer one of those ways.
        >
        > hanks again
        >
        > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "jamesonbeam1" <jamesonbeam1@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi Bossy,
        > >
        > > Yes nicotine will disolve in alcohol, but personally dont like cigar
        > > flavor - might want to try chewing tobacco instead. If you want flavor,
        > > then try some of those sweet, spiced chewing tobacco - much better then
        > > cigars. I tried soaking a cigar in bourbon once and all it did was ruin
        > > a good cigar.
        > >
        > > JB. aka Waldo.
        > >
        > > PS> However maceration of some good marahoochie stuff in alcohol is well
        > > worth it....
        > >

        > > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "bravo" <bravoseychelles@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I KNOW IT SOUNDS SCARY ,
        > > > IVE READ A LOT BUT CANNOT FIND THE EXACT INFO SO I THOUGHT WHAT BETTER
        > > PLACE TO ASK BUT THE EXPERTS
        > > > I INTEND OR WOULD LIKE TO GIVE A DRINK A GOOD VANILLA CSENTED CIGAR
        > > SMELL.
        > > > SOUND GOOD HEHN LOL
        > > > I READ I CAN KILL PEOPLE DOING THAT
        > > > SO THE QUESTION
        > > > IF I WAS TO DISTILL THE ALCHOHOL WITH THE CHOPED CIGAR IN THE GIN
        > > BASKET .
        > > > WILL THIS ALSO CARRY OVER THE BAD STUFF OR ONLT THE GOOD STUFF
        > > > I REALLY DONT WANT TO TAKE A CHANCE WITH THIS
        > > > I READ THAT THE NICOTINE WILL ONLY BE ACTIVATED OR EVAPORATED AT
        > > 200PLUC CELCIUS
        > > > IF U KNOW ANY GOOD DEFINITE SITE OR LINKE OR IF U KNOW THEN PLEASE
        > > ADVISE
        > > > THANKS
        > > > BOSSY

      • mav
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 5, 2011
          Hi Bossy, I thought I wouldn't reply to this post to the group but there's one thing that nags me.

          Your concern with nicotine is a very good one but have you thought about the traces of pesticides, herbicides and suckering agents?

          Personally, I have experienced five years in the tobacco industry during the 80's and 90's so if I was you, I would be asking if the pest & weed programs chemicals would make it through to end product?

          If you use organic tobacco you'd negate this issue.

          Cheers
          Marc

          Ps, Where I worked, the general rule was one thousand dollars per acre was spent on poisons for the tobacco crop per season.

          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "bravo" <bravoseychelles@...> wrote:

          > I KNOW IT SOUNDS SCARY ,
          > IVE READ A LOT BUT CANNOT FIND THE EXACT INFO SO I THOUGHT WHAT BETTER PLACE TO ASK BUT THE EXPERTS
          > I INTEND OR WOULD LIKE TO GIVE A DRINK A GOOD VANILLA CSENTED CIGAR SMELL.
          > SOUND GOOD HEHN LOL
          > I READ I CAN KILL PEOPLE DOING THAT
          > SO THE QUESTION
          > IF I WAS TO DISTILL THE ALCHOHOL WITH THE CHOPED CIGAR IN THE GIN BASKET .
          > WILL THIS ALSO CARRY OVER THE BAD STUFF OR ONLT THE GOOD STUFF
          > I REALLY DONT WANT TO TAKE A CHANCE WITH THIS
          > I READ THAT THE NICOTINE WILL ONLY BE ACTIVATED OR EVAPORATED AT 200PLUC CELCIUS
          > IF U KNOW ANY GOOD DEFINITE SITE OR LINKE OR IF U KNOW THEN PLEASE ADVISE
          > THANKS
          > BOSSY

        • mav
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 5, 2011
            Hi again Bossy, I should mention which I forgot, which you will not find in print!! We did use cyanide products and hormornal chemicals, all aproved by the Ovens valley tobacco research station. We also sprayed the growing tobacco with Fatty Alcohol to burn the suckers durning the season,

            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatty_alcohol

            I believe these chemicals are still used in countries like Fiji.

            Cheers
            Marc

            Ps, I have never smoked!! Far too dangerous for me, especially after my job in the industry.