Re: a total newbie.

  • ian
    Message 1 of 12 , May 18, 2011
      thanks for the info pin, i think whay i will have to do ,is do a
      practice run and see if i can find the foreshots etc, its all well and
      good trying to read about it, and believe me i have done some reading. i
      really think i need to see if i can find the different smells for my
      self, i appreciate all the help and advice and will certainly let you
      know how i get on

      many thanks to all, ian

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "yahpinot" <pinotte23@...> wrote:

      > "ian" leasloubg@ wrote:
      > >

      > > thanks for the help. my boiler only has a max capacity of 4 litres
      > > which is why i am starting with a small wash, however i think i will
      be
      > > making about 5 gallons now instead.
      >
      > Yes you should and it would be better if you can use something like 6k
      turbo yeast then you can get easily 16% ABV in your wash to get more
      alcohol in a very small still.

      > > i understand better now what is
      > > needed, especially the "stripping run" but will i have to take the
      first
      > > 100ml from each 4 litre batch (foreshots)
      >
      > No, you should remove 100ml to 200ml for 25 liters of wash. Make the
      calculation yourself for 4 litre. ;oP